It’s an election year, and even though nonprofit organizations are unable to support or oppose candidates, they can still do much to advance their issues. How can nonprofits navigate election year challenges?
In partnership with the Association of Community Services and the Local Health Improvement Coalition, join us on June 1 from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM for a virtual lunch and learn to have your questions answered! Nonprofit legal expert, Allen Mattison, will provide attendees the do’s and don’ts of election year advocacy, so we can keep pushing for policy change, bolstering democracy and strengthening our communities. Register now!
We will cover important topics, such as:
- What kinds of candidate questionnaires are OK?
- Can nonprofit staff volunteer for campaigns?
- Is it OK for legislators to speak at our fundraising gala?
- Can we praise a legislator’s vote on a budget bill without crossing the nonprofit prohibition on supporting candidates?
- What can we say when encouraging people to vote?
Register today to reserve your spot!